New Mexico Bah Rates

New Mexico Bah Rates 2021 – The Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rates increases by an average of 2.9 percent. The increase is averaged across all areas. The actual rates for each region will remain the same based on the current market research.

BAH Rates for the Housing Basic Allowance

The 2021 BAH increase was effective January 1st, 2021, and service members will see the increase in their pay on January 15th, 2021. Actual BAH increases will differ based the location you reside in.

2021 New Mexico BAH Basic Allowance Housing Rates

BAH covers the majority of expenses for housing while military personnel pay the remaining 5% out of their pocket. 2021 BAH rates for out-of pocket expenses vary according to grade, dependency status and dependencies, and can range from $70 to $158 per month.

2022 BAH Housing Basic Allowance Rates

The proposed 2022 Basic Housing Allowance Rates (BAH) increases by 2.7 percent. The increases is averaged across all areas. Actual rates for each area will be determined by analyzing current rental market surveys.

Final BAH rate increases could change based on the passage of the 2022 Defense Budget and negotiations between Congress and the White House.

The 2022 BAH rise will take effect from January 1st 2022. Members of the military will receive an increase in their wages beginning on January 15, 2022. BAH increases will vary based on location.

BAH covers 95% of housing expenses while military personnel pay the remaining 5% out of pocket. The out-of-pocket expense amounts incorporated into the 2022 BAH rates vary according to the grade and dependent status.

Leave a Reply